Parliament Update – Week of October 22, 2018
The following was debated in the House:
• Bill C-76 – Elections Modernization Act (Report Stage)
• Bill C-83 – An Act to amend the Corrections and Conditional Release Act and another Act (Second Reading)
• Bill S-234 – An Act to amend the Parliament of Canada Act (Parliamentary Visual Artist Laureate) (Second Reading)
• M-155 – Filipino Heritage Month
• M-161 – Record Suspension Program
• M-166 – Postal Banking System
• M-170 – Officers of Parliament
• Conservative Motion – Terrorism
On Thursday, the Prime Minister of the Netherlands gave an official address to the House of Commons. You can read speeches and questions from Debates on the House Publications page at www.ourcommons.ca/en.
In the Standing Committee on Public Safety and National Security (SECU), we continued the study on M-167, which deals with rural crime. A local constituent appeared as a witness on Tuesday. For more information on these meetings, visit: www.ourcommons.ca/Committees/en/SECU.
This week, I attended six meetings and four events, as well as recorded a message. I will fly back to the riding over the weekend to attend local events. Look for my update next Friday on the happenings of Parliament as it will continue to sit for another week.