Parliament Update – Week of April 29, 2019
The following was debated in the House:
- C-82 Third Reading) — Multilateral Instrument in Respect of Tax Conventions Act
- C-91 (Third Reading) – Indigenous Languages Act
- C-92 (Second Reading) — An Act respecting First Nations, Inuit and Métis children, youth and families
- C-97 (Second Reading – amendment) — Budget Implementation Act, 2019, No. 1
- C-331 (Second Reading) — An Act to amend the Federal Courts Act (international promotion and protection of human rights)
- C-415 (Second Reading) – Expungement of Certain Cannabis-related Convictions
- C-419 (Second Reading) – Credit Card Fairness Act
- C-443 (First Reading) – Indigenous Language Act
- C-444 (First Reading) —International Boundary Waters Treaty Act
- NDP Opposition Motion — Corporate influence over the government
- Conservative Opposition Day Motion – International Trade
- S-238 (Second Reading) – Ban on Shark Fin Importation and Exportation Act
- S-240 (Third Reading and Passed) – Criminal Code
On Monday, in the Standing Committee on Public Safety and National Security (SECU), we heard from Minister Ralph Goodale as well as several witnesses from the Department of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness; the RCMP and the Parole Board of Canada on Bill C-93, An Act to provide no-cost, expedited record suspensions for simple possession of cannabis.
On Wednesday, the SECU Committee continued its study on Bill C-93. For more information on these meetings, visit the SECU Committee website at www.ourcommons.ca/Committees/en/SECU
On Friday, I gave a statement in the House to recognize my friend and Yellowhead constituent, Robert (Bob) Wagner Dowling, a resident of Jasper who recently passed away at age 95.
You can read comments and questions from Debates on the House Publications page at www.ourcommons.ca/en
This week, I attended eight meetings, two events, recorded one message and did a live chat with a local radio station. I will remain in Ottawa over the weekend. Look for my update next Friday on the happenings of Parliament.