Parliament Update – Week of February 25, 2019
The following was debated in the House:
• C-77 – National Defence Act (Third Reading)
• C-83 – Corrections and Conditional Release Act (Report Stage)
• C-92 – An Act Respecting First Nations, Inuit and Métis Children, Youth and Families (First Reading)
• C-93 — An Act to provide no-cost, expedited record suspensions for simple possession of cannabis (First Reading)
• C-369 – Bills of Exchange Act (Third Reading)
• C-431 – Canada Pension Plan Investment Board Act (First Reading)
• C-432 – Public Servants Disclosure Protection Act (First Reading)
• C-433 – Competition Act (First Reading)
• C-434 – Criminal Code (First Reading)
• C-435 – Rare Disease Day Act (First Reading)
• C-436 – Acromegaly Awareness Day Act (First Reading)
• CPC Opposition Motion – Standing Committee on Justice and Human Rights
• Motion — 111 – Mennonite Heritage Week
• Motion – 194 – Precarious Employment
• Motion – 206 – To Study Fitness and Physical Activity Levels of Canadian Youth
• S-6 – Canada-Madagascar Tax Convention Implementation Act, 2018 (Referred to Committee)
On Monday, in the Standing Committee on Public Safety and National Security (SECU), we heard witnesses from Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness, Royal Canadian Mounted Police, the Canadian Security Intelligence Service, Canada Boarder Services Agency, Correctional Service Of Canada, and the Parole Board of Canada on the Supplementary Estimates (B) 2018-19 and the Interim Estimates 2019-20.
On Wednesday, we heard from witnesses as we continued the study on Cybersecurity in the Financial Sector as a National Economic Security Issue. For more information on these meetings, visit the SECU Committee website at www.ourcommons.ca/Committees/en/SECU
On Thursday, the Speaker of the House of Commons granted our request for an emergency debate that evening on the topic of the Prime Minister pressuring the former Attorney General to interfere in the prosecution of SNC-Lavalin. You can read comments and questions from Debates on the House Publications page at www.ourcommons.ca/en
On Friday, I flew back to the riding.
On Saturday, I will have the honour of attending the Edson First Responders Dinner and Awards Banquet where I will be presenting Fire Chief, Tyler Robinson, his Federal Fire Services Exemplary Service Medal and certificate. Congratulations Fire Chief Robinson!
This week, I attended eight meetings and two events, as well as recorded a message.
I will remain in the riding for the next two weeks while the House is on recess. My next update will be on my travels in the Yellowhead.