Parliament Update – Week of June 10, 2019
The following was debated in the House:
- C-58 (Senate amendments) — An Act to amend the Access to Information Act and the Privacy Act and to make consequential amendments to other Acts
- C-68 (Senate amendments) — An Act to amend the Fisheries Act and other Acts in consequence
- C-83 (Senate amendments) — An Act to amend the Corrections and Conditional Release Act and another Act
- C-88 (Third Reading) — Mackenzie Valley Resource Management Act
- C-98 (Referred to Committee) — Royal Canadian Mounted Police Act
- C-100 (Second Reading) — Canada-United States-Mexico Agreement Implementation Act
- C-101 (Second Reading) — Customs Tariff
- C-331 (Second Reading) — Federal Courts Act
- C-456 (First Reading) — Post-Secondary Education Financial Assistance for Persons with Disabilities
- C-457 (First Reading) — Employment Equity Act
- Motion M-203 (Third Reading) — Ending the Captivity of Whales and Dolphins Act
- Report No. 14 — Supporting Families After the Loss of a Child – Standing Committee on Human Resources, Skills and Social Development and the Status of Persons with Disabilities
On Monday, in the Standing Committee on Public Safety and National Security (SECU), we heard from MP William Amos, on his motion M-208, Rural Digital Infrastructure. This is a MUST for rural Canada and I fully support his motion.
On Wednesday, in the Standing Committee on Public Safety and National Security (SECU), we considered the draft report on Cybersecurity in the Financial Sector as a National Economic Security Issue. I would encourage my constituents to take the time to read this report. It is extremely interesting.
For more information on these meetings, visit the SECU Committee website at: www.ourcommons.ca/Committees/en/SECU
Wednesday evening, my wife Nancy and I, were at the Hon. Andrew Scheer’s Garden Party at Stornoway. This is a yearly event when all Conservative MPs, Senators and their spouses get together before the summer break.
On Thursday, I spent the day on House Duty and that evening I flew back to the riding to attend the Living Waters Catholic School in Edson ‘Father’s Day’ celebration the next morning, followed by the Yellowhead County Senior Appreciation event at Wildwood Community Hall. Later that day I stopped at the Edson Legion spending some time with friends.
On Saturday I will be at the Boys and Girls Club of Edson’s car wash fundraiser and that afternoon, you will find me at West Yellowhead’s MLA Martin Long’s appreciation day event. On my way to the airport that evening I stopped in Evansburg to meet with a constituent before heading to the airport to take the red-eye flight back to Ottawa.
On Sunday, at 5:30am, I arrived in Ottawa and during the day Nancy and I spent some time at the Ottawa Beechwood Cemetery’s RCMP section, to pay our respects to many of my mates who now rest peacefully in this beautiful place.
The House is scheduled to sit for one more week before it recesses for the summer.
This week, I attended seven meetings, and three events.
Look for my update next Friday on the happenings of Parliament.