CRA Improves Services for Small Businesses
June 28, 2017
OTTAWA: Jim Eglinski, Member of Parliament for Yellowhead, is pleased to inform local business owners that Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) is making its services more user-friendly.
The changes are based on CRA’s 2016 Serving You Better consultations with small and medium businesses and chartered professional accountants in the fall of 2016.
CRA’s 2017-2019 Serving You Better action plan contains over 50 action items that will improve services for small and medium businesses. Here are the top ten service improvements for businesses. They will allow businesses to do the following:
- Receive a CRA security code by email
- Call a new dedicated telephone service for tax preparers that helps with more complex technical issues
- Request a Liaison Officer visit
- Provide T4 information slips to their employees in electronic format (certain conditions apply)
- Use T2 Auto-fill through commercial software
- Create their own filing and balance confirmation letters online
- View short “how-to” videos that explain the services on My Business Account
- Experience telephone service improvements from CRA
- Share feedback about their audit experience in a new post-audit survey
- Have their objections resolved faster
“These changes should ease and simplify the process of dealing with CRA’s services so small business owners can focus less on government red-tape and more on growing their business,” concluded MP Eglinski.
For more information, visit: www.canada.ca/cra-serving-you-better.