Canada Revenue Agency — Action Plan for Small and Medium Sized Businesses
June 11, 2019
OTTAWA: Jim Eglinski, Member of Parliament for Yellowhead, wishes to inform small and medium sized businesses in the Yellowhead, that the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), after consultations with businesses, accountants, industry associations, and CRA employees, has released a report outlining an action plan to deliver service and program improvements for small and medium sized businesses through 2021.
Some improvements include:
- Businesses will be able to sign up to receive an email confirmation when the CRA receives a document or a payment.
- Businesses will be able to upload up to ten documents at once in the Submit documents online service.
- A new “Pay” button in the online portals will allow businesses to pay outstanding balances with the click of a button.
- The Liaison Officer Service is being expanded to include incorporated businesses.
- The Dedicated Telephone Service for tax preparers is becoming a permanent program.
- More CRA correspondence will be available in the online portals.
The CRA is also working to ensure that businesses and accountants know when these improvements are available.
Businesses can receive a CRA security code by email, request a Liaison Officer visit, and provide their employees T4 slips in electronic format.
“I encourage all small and medium sized businesses in the Yellowhead to take a few minutes and go over the CRA Action Plan to see how it may improve your delivery service and your business”, concluded MP Eglinski.
The report can be found at: https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/cra-arc/camp-promo/rprt2018-cra-arc-eng.pdf