Pan-Canadian Projects Under the New Horizons for Seniors Program
December 11, 2018
OTTAWA: Jim Eglinski, Member of Parliament for Yellowhead, is encouraging eligible organizations in his riding interested in receiving contribution funding from the Pan-Canadian stream of the New Horizons for Seniors Program (NHSP), to apply for $500,000 to $5 million for a project consisting of a three to five-year collective impact initiative.
Pan-Canadian project funding supports multi-year projects using collaborative and innovative approaches to address seniors’ issues. Organizations can apply for projects up to five years duration under the pan-Canadian stream.
The pan-Canadian stream will support the development and implementation of Collective Impact plans to increase the social inclusion of seniors.
The Program has five objectives:
- build the collective capacity of organizations to recognize and address barriers to social inclusion faced by seniors;
- promote improved access to information, programs and services for seniors to enhance their social inclusion within their communities;
- support action research to better understand effective approaches for increasing the level of social inclusion of seniors in their communities;
- develop innovative approaches to engage and retain senior volunteers to improve their social inclusion in their communities; and
- address systemic barriers that contribute to the social exclusion of seniors.
The deadline is January 21, 2019.
For more information please go to: https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/funding/new-horizons-seniors-pan-canadian.html