RCMP – Interim Management Advisory Board
January 16, 2019
OTTAWA: Jim Eglinski, Member of Parliament for Yellowhead, wishes to advise constituents that the Department of Public Safety is taking immediate steps to establish a new Interim Management Advisory Board for the RCMP, to provide advice on the administration and management of the RCMP, and strategies to achieve its objective, by:
- transformation and modernization plans;
- the effective and efficient use of RCMP resources;
- corporate risk and responses to address them;
- policies and management controls that support RCMP operations;
- human resources and labour relations;
- corporate and strategic direction, and implementation plans including, financial and human resources strategies and multi-year plans;
- operating and capital budgets; and
- performance measurement and departmental results.
The Governor in Council will appoint up to 13 part-time members to the initial Board by April 1, 2019. Legislative changes will be introduced this spring to the RCMP Act to make the Board permanent.
The mandate of the Board will initially focus on key priorities of RCMP transformation, including supporting the development of a “People First Strategy,” RCMP business modernization and employee health and well-being.
“As a former RCMP Officer for 35 years, I welcome the creation of an Interim Management Advisory Board to assist in modernizing the RCMP,” concluded MP Eglinski.