Parliament Update – Week of April 8, 2019
The following was debated in the House:
- C-82 — Multilateral Instrument in Respect of Tax Conventions Act (Third Reading)
- C-88 — An Act to amend the Mackenzie Valley Resource Management Act and the Canada Petroleum Resources Act and to make consequential amendments to other Acts (Second Reading and referred to the Standing Committee on Indigenous and Northern Affairs)
- C-93 — An Act to Provide No-cost, Expedited Record Suspensions for Simple Possession of Cannabis (Second Reading)
- C-97 – Budget Implementation Act, 2019, No. 1 (Second Reading – amendment)
- C-278 – Foreign Lobbyist Transparency Act (Second Reading)
- C-415 – Expungement of Certain Cannabis-related Convictions Act (Second Reading)
- C-417 — An Act to amend the Criminal Code (disclosure of information by jurors) (Third Reading)
- C-419 – Credit Card Fairness Act (Second Reading)
- C-439 – National Freshwater Strategy Act (First Reading)
- C-440 – Copyright Act (First Reading)
- C-441 – Commissioner for Young Persons In Canada Act (First Reading)
- C-442 – Federal-Provincial Fiscal Agreements Act (First Reading)
- S-214 — An Act to amend the Food and Drugs Act (cruelty-free cosmetics) (First Reading)
- S-215 – An Act to amend the Criminal Code (sentencing for violent offences against Aboriginal women) (Second Reading)
- S-248 — National Physicians’ Day (Second Reading)
On Monday and Wednesday, at the Standing Committee on Public Safety and National Security (SECU), we continued to hear from witnesses on Cybersecurity in the Financial Sector as a National Economic Security Issue.
Also, on Wednesday, I presented a petition requesting that the third day in May of each year be designated as Vyshyvanka Day throughout Canada.
On Friday, I flew back to the riding to attend the Parkland County Community League Volunteer Appreciation Night and Saturday night, I will be in Warburg for their Volunteer Appreciation Banquet.
You can read comments and questions from Debates on the House Publications page at www.ourcommons.ca/en
This week, I attended 16 meetings, two events and did one taping.
I will be in Ukraine from April 18 to 22nd as part of the observer mission for the second-round presidential election.
As the House will be in recess for the next two weeks, my next report for the weeks of April 15 and 22nd on riding events/meetings, will be on April 26th.
I want to take this opportunity to wish everyone a ‘Happy Easter’.