Call for Proposals For Community-Based Projects Supporting Seniors
May 11, 2017
OTTAWA: Jim Eglinski, Member of Parliament for Yellowhead, is pleased to advise that the Government has opened up the application process for community-based projects supporting seniors through the New Horizons for Seniors Program (NHSP) 2017-2018.
The NHSP call for proposals, open until June 23, 2017, is seeking proposals for projects led or inspired by seniors. Organizations are invited to apply for funding for projects that promote positive aging and empower seniors to initiate and participate in activities that benefit the community. Eligible organizations can receive up to $25,000 in project funding.
Projects must address one or more of the following five program objectives:
- promoting volunteerism among seniors and other generations;
- engaging seniors in the community through the mentoring of others;
- expanding awareness of elder abuse, including financial abuse;
- supporting the social participation and inclusion of seniors; and
- providing capital assistance for new and existing community projects and/or programs for seniors.
“I encourage organizations in my riding of Yellowhead to apply,” concluded MP Eglinski.
More information can be found at: https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/funding/new-horizons-seniors-community-based.html.